Cowgirl in the sand

Cowgirl in the sand

Saturday, September 25, 2010


A recent portrait of Josh on 3'x3' canvas. It took about 4 1/2 hours. This was a second attempt. The first time Josh played his guitar and sang, but it proved too difficult as an action painting. For this attempt, Josh came up with the idea of wearing a cowboy hat and tinted shades. The sunglasses worked out well because Josh could meditate with eyes closed and I wouldn't know. The reflections in his glasses were a challenge because they constantly shifted, but it worked out. Still looking for models to fill a show at Lovin Cup. Hoping to have roughly a dozen portraits. Contact me if interested in sitting. I'm hoping, as I get back in the swing of live painting, that things will speed up and I can cut the time in half, but for now I need three or four hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment